Friday 8th June 2012 10.00-16.00
This one-day workshop is aimed at practitioners working with individuals, couples or families. It will focus on the impact of an affair on the intimate adult couple and how the triangle outside the room is re-enacted in the work.
Course Leader: Jenny Riddell, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
The course aims to
- Explore the fundamental principles of partner choice
- Identify the kinds of difficulties that might lead to an affair
- Discuss in how far the underlying reasons can be located in the individual or in the couple relationship
- Explore how to keep the ‘couple in mind' when working with the individual or the couple
- Identify the effects of an affair on all involved
- Explore the effects on the practitioner when working in the triangle
Course components and structure
- Lecture and discussions
- Video material
- Introduction of some theoretical concepts
- Presentation of clinical examples
- Opportunity for participants to present their own clinical work
Who to talk to next?
The Training Administration Manager: Joanna Bending
020 7380 1970
Places are limited; please apply early to avoid disappointment.