The Tavistock Centre of Couple Relationships (TCCR) is a specialist centre of excellence for advanced training and clinical practice providing tertiary level support to the mental health and family support field.
- supplies specialist therapeutic services to couples and individuals experiencing difficulties in their relationships;
- provides clinical training for the next generation of couple counsellors and psychotherapists;
provides training and consultancy on delivering, developing and managing services for couples and families;
- undertakes research that contributes to the understanding of couple and family relationships and how best they might be improved
- collaborates with the University of East London (UEL) to provide the first UK Professional Doctorate in Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Masters Degree in the Psychoanalytic Study of the Couple Relationship. The University also validates the Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Couple Counselling.
We are committed to providing training, research and services that:
- Alleviate the distress caused by family breakdown
- Enhance the lives of children
- Contribute to furthering understanding about the nature of couple relating.
Our work is grounded in the experience of training practitioners and supporting couples, making us uniquely placed to develop practical, groundbreaking services to support couple stability and improve family functioning.
We provide highly specialised and affordable counselling and psychotherapy in London to couples and parents in need through a variety of different services. These include:
- Couple counselling
- Couple psychotherapy
- Parenting Together Service
- Divorce and Separation Counselling
- Psychosexual Therapy
Uniquely TCCR are the only London based service that provides a payment sliding scale meaning that our services are accessible for all those who wish to use them.